Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thank you Kevin

There is more to Kevin than RSD.  RSD didn’t make him the person he is today, it has definitely made an impact, but it isn’t what he is all about.  I hate that his RSD overshadows everything else.  He was special before the RSD; the RSD just enhances how amazing he is and can be.  I don’t have any special talents that I know of.  I am not musically inclined.  I can’t write for shit.  My career path is not an exciting one, Staff Accountant at a non-profit.  Oh boy exciting stuff. :) But with Kevin, music and writing just seemed to come easily for him.  He would hear a song and be able to play it within 15 minutes.  He has read so many works; he can quote from all genres.  I can quote Seinfeld episodes and that is about it.  It is sickening how quickly he can master something, like the beautiful chainmail he made for our wedding.  All the things he does, I would be spending every waking hour praising him for it.  It can get tiring to do that. LOL. 

He continues to do all the things he did before the RSD, except for the chainmail, and it is even more amazing because he does it through his pain and suffering.  His music and writing have more depth because of his RSD.  Because he is so talented and does so many things well, it is like olfactory fatigue setting in for me and I forget to praise or acknowledge all that he does.  It doesn’t mean that I don’t realize it and appreciate it.  I just forget or am consumed in something else, work, Lincoln, life in general.  We all need to be reminded to do things now and then.  And I might need to be reminded more than others with everything going on in my life.

I grew up not getting that constant praise, so it is hard for me to dole it out.  It doesn’t come naturally for me.  I did grow up with a lot of love and attention.  So I show my appreciation for things less with words, but more with actions.  Words can get me in trouble.  People misinterpret them at times.  I can have the best intentions and get slammed for saying something.  Facebook has been a killer for me.  So many times I post something so innocent and get blasted for it.  Now I have become a facebook lurker.  I read everyone’s posts and look at pics, but hesitant to say much for fear of repercussions.

I am writing this blog today, because I was reminded that I wasn’t really paying attention to all the things Kevin was doing and has done.  All the little things that are making a difference in his life and so many others.  In this time of Thanksgiving, I am reminded to thank my husband for all he has done for me and our family.  To thank him for continuing the fight even though there are days he is in so much pain he just can’t take it anymore.  I want him to know I do realize and appreciate all he is and does.

Thank you Kevin.  I love you so very much.

1 comment:

  1. I love you too. And I'm sorry I've been so agitated lately...

    ReplyDelete